Saturday, April 4, 2009

A wonderful home to come home to!

This morning I got up early to go paint with a local figure painting group...nobody was there.
Then I drove up to the University to see if there was a group up there...no such luck.
I then went to a ballet studio where I've photographed in the past...classes were canceled today.
The Opera company was closed, the restaurants I usually paint weren't open yet, and even the landscape was too gray to really enjoy painting.

So I came back home, slightly defeated. But when I opened the door, I was overjoyed to find that my wonderful wife and kids were all awake and happy...The happy cries of "Daddy's home!" made up for any amount of defeat I may have felt. What a nice morning it turned out to be! :)

2 comments:

Joyce said...

You have such a wonderful attitude! Of course, you do have an above average family to come home to I'll have to admit! Love you! Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hey Trent,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I deleted it on accident. I'm new to the blogosphere and still figuring it out. My images wouldn't load larger, I think it's fixed now- I hope.
Your work is great! I've been seeing it everywhere. Congratulations on your success.
Talk about nostalgic smells- Claessens reminds me of my dad's studio. I love the smell!